I recently worked with a great real estate agent who helped one of my friends buy a home.
Don’t get me wrong. There are a lot a good Realtors in our community. But based on the level of service that she provided, I asked her to give me the down and dirty details on what made her different from other agents.
I’d like to share those with you, because if you are in the market to buy a home, here are some of the things you might look for when hiring a Buyer’s Agent.
- Will they compare prices in neighboring towns, neighborhoods and subdivisions?
- Will they honestly give you the pros and cons when you narrow it down to a few properties?
- Will they immediately recommend properties BEFORE you find them online yourself?
- Will they explain the purchase agreement and other documents in detail?
- Will they preview the property BEFORE showing it to you?
- Will they be on your side when negotiating with the seller?
- Will they follow up with you after the sale?
- Will they provide names and phone numbers of people they represented?
I’m sure that you probably have other questions you’d like to ask them—but these will help you start the conversation when interviewing to find a “great” real estate agent to represent you when you buy your next home.
Oh, and if you would like me to refer a couple of great agents that I have worked with in the past, please contact me.