Branding is the name of the game in this era of social media, email and online marketing – and let’s face it, you have a business to build.
There are so many different ways to brand yourself, but you many want to consider doing something different from what all the other agents are doing.
So, I have a few suggestions for you:
- Bring donuts, bagels, sandwiches to local police and firefighters on a quarterly basis. Include your business cards and a sign “compliments of….”
- Hang out at a local coffee shop with a sign on the back of your laptop that says “Ask Me Anything About Real Estate”.
- Change your phone message on your voice mail every 3 months and try to make it more humorous.
- Sponsor a cause that matters to you. Make it part of your brand for the entire year, and convey to your clients and on social media why you are passionate about the cause.
- Join a club or organization. Invite me to join with you. Join a committee with the goal of becoming chairperson of that committee.
- Connect more offline than online with calls, snail mail newsletters, postcards.
- Ask for testimonials and post them everywhere (FB, Active Rain, website, your listing booklet).
- Sponsor a family-friendly movie night. Invite past clients, loan officers, title reps. Provide popcorn and health snacks.
- Record a 2-minute videos about real estate. Why getting pre-approved is critical when buying a home. Why you need a home inspection. About title insurance. The closing process. Home owners insurance. Certified funds at closing.
- Instead of celebrating traditional holidays, send out on less recognized days. Valentine’s Day. National Donut Day.
- Create a list of “fun facts” that most people don’t know about you. You speak fluent Spanish. You are a cancer survivor. You love oysters. This will help you connect with people who can relate to you and make you more “human” in their eyes.
Please let me know if you’d like to meet to talk about some of these strategies – and maybe we can do some joint marketing together.